Since starting my first business blog in March of 2005, I’ve been a thought leader in understanding how small business owners can improve their bottom line through the effective use of social media.
Currently, I head the social media team at Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp (“DandB”) out of our corporate offices in Malibu, CA. We’re an extremely well-funded startup led by CEO Jeff Stibel that raised $200 million in July ’10 to buy D&B’s small business-focused assets.
My social media team is focused on implementing interesting BtoB campaigns such as our award-winning CredibilityLIVE events while also maintaining a credibile social media presence through our blog (Credibility Insights) and on sites like Twitter (@DandB), Facebook (/DandBCredibility) and LinkedIn (Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp).
My success as a online marketing consultant & executive has earned me labels like “Mr. Social” (San Fernando Business Journal), “builder of the real estate blogosphere’s infrastructure” (LA Times), quoted in sources like the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times as an expert in online marketing.
Looking for a Dynamic Business Speaker?
The best online marketing strategies are constantly changing as the tools evolve, so I’m yet to ever give the same presentation twice… However there are some general themes that I’ve been covering for years such as building a successful business blog, promoting yourself through social media and optimizing your search engine presence through SEO.
To give you a flavor of how I approach speaking, here are two presentations I’ve given recently. The first gives on overview of how professionals can use their website as an online marketing hub by appropriately integrating social media best practices, while the second presentation is specific to best practices around search engine optimization (SEO).
Previous Speaking Events
Some of my previous speaking events include:
- 6/16/11, BtoB Webinar. BtoB Integration of Social and Search: Driving Leads from Likes, Links and +1s.
- 3/17/11, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. Royal LePage Kelowna Awards Event. Social Media Optimization
- 2/11/11, Las Vegas, NV. Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate’ Fusion Event: 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Your Smartphone
- 2/10/11, Las Vegas, NV. Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate’ Fusion Event: Building Online Influence
- 11/10/10, New Orleans, LA. National Association of REALTORS (NAR). Hosting WordPress Camp and speaking on An Introduction to WordPress
- 11/6/10, New Orleans, LA. National Association of REALTORS (NAR): Social Media Optimization
- 10/15/10, Camarillo, CA. Camarillo Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Group: Making Social Media Work for Your Business
- 10/5/10, Anaheim, CA, CAR Expo: Your Social Media Strategy: Where You Need to Be and Why (moderator)
- 10/4/10, Anaheim, CA, Women’s Council of REALTORS, California Chapter: Developing a Website Strategy that Drives Business
- 9/30/10, Webinar, Institute of Luxury Home Marketing: Optimizing Your Online Marketing with Creative SEO
- 9/20/10, Santa Monica, CA, Social Media Week: Google vs. Facebook: Best Practices for the Realtor & Market Insights from Industry Leaders (moderator)
- 8/18/10, Aptos, CA, Women’s Council of REALTORS, Santa Cruz chapter: Navigating The Now: Using Social Media to Drive Business
- 7/12/10, San Francisco, CA, Real Estate Connect: WordPress Workshop (moderating a half-day series of sessions on themes, plugins, online hubs, and the future of WordPress)
- 6/16/10, Webinar, Council of Residential Specialists: Creative SEO
- 6/3/10, Portland, OR. BuzzRE PDX: Understanding the Agent Biz Cycle
- 5/6/10 – 5/7/10, Toronto, Canada, RealtorQuest: Making Social Media Work for You
- 4/29/10, Orange County, CA. BuzzRE OC: Understanding the Agent Biz Cycle
- 3/26/10, Atlanta, GA, RE Tech South: Getting Serious about Lead Management
- 3/20/10 , Chicago IL, Woman’s Council of REALTOR’S New Rules for Real Estate: Making Social Media Work for You
- 3/10/10, Las Vegas, NV, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Conference: Future Tense: Nurturing & Sustaining Online Communities
- 3/9/10, Las Vegas, NV, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World Conference: Ask the Experts at MarTech
- 2/17/10, Portland, OR, HomeQuest’s 2010 Social Media Summit: From Lead Management to Client Management
- 1/14/10, New York City, NY, Real Estate Connect: Technology and Media Track (moderator) with sessions on WordPress, Twitter, Content Distribution and Hyperlocal content
- 11/16/09, San Diego, CA: NAR Annual Conference: Defining the Social Me
- 11/14/09: San Diego, CA: NAR Annual Conference: Agent 2.0: Efficient, Informed and Empowered
- 9/11/09: Wisconsin Dells, WI, WRA Annual Convention: Using Social Networks to Drive Real Business
- 8/5/09, San Francisco, CA, Real Estate Connect: Social Media Strategy
- 4/22/09, Phoenix, AZ, ARMLS Technopalooza: Using Social Media to Build and Engage Your Online Community
- 1/8/09, New York City, NY, Real Estate Connect: Wake Up. Go Mobile (moderator)
- 1/8/09, New York City, NY, Real Estate Connect: Down and Dirty Analytics (moderator)
- 1/7/09, New York City, NY, Real Estate Connect: 10 Steps You Must Take Now to Justify Your Blogging Efforts
- 11/9/08, Orlando, FL, NAR Annual Conference: Using Social Media to Engage Clients
- 11/7/08, Orlando, FL. NAR Annual Conference: Driving Business Using Blogs (moderator)
- 10/17/08, Bermuda. Christie’s Great Estates: Using Social Networks to Reach Affluent Consumers
- 9/19/08, Las Vegas, NV. RE BlogWorld: Manageing a Successful Multi-author Blog
- 7/28/08, Laguna Hills, CA. 4realzEd: Using Blogs to Build Community
- 7/23/08, San Francisco, CA. Real Estate Connect SF: 50 Technologies To Help You Survive the Downturn
- 5/13/08, Toronto, Canada. RealtorQuest: Understanding your Online Competition
- 5/12/08, Toronto, Canada. RealtorQuest: Using Blogs to Build Community
- 3/27/98, Atlanta, GA, ReTechSouth
- 1/31/08, Los Angeles, CA. Coldwell Banker Education Fair: Using Social Networks to Engage Relevant Consumers
- 1/9/08, New York, NY. Inman’s Real Estate Connect: Moderator: FORUM — Steer Your Blog Toward the Long Tail
- 11/13/07, Las Vegas, CA. NAR®: Understanding your Online Competition
- 10/25/07, Beverly Hills, CA. Beverly Hills Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS®: Heads Of Office High Tea (RCG Post)
- 10/1/07, San Jose, CA. California Chapter of the American Planning Association: Public Engagement Through Web2.0 (RCG Post)
- 8/22/07, Austin, TX. Keller Williams Technology MegaCamp. Guest speaker on Blogs and Social Networking
- 7/31/07 San Francisco, CA. Real Estate Connect: Panelist on Blogs and Social Networking: Creating Virtual Communities (RCG Post)
- 6/7/07 Sacramento, CA. California Association of REALTORS0 MLS Board: Consumer Benefits of a Statewide MLS? (RCG Post)
- 2/21/07, Oakland, CA. Finding Relevance on the Internet
- 2/20/07, Seattle, WA. Finding Relevance on the Internet
- 2/6/07, Long Beach, CA. Finding Relevance on the Internet
- 7/27/06 ’06 SF Connect. Panelist on Lead Conversion
What others are saying?
John Hickey, Past President of the Pasadena Foothill Association of REALTORS: “ Dustin’s grasp of Internet Marketing issues and technology related to Real Estate Sales and Marketing is amazing. As a speaker he is dynamic, knowledgeable and easily relates to a wide range of people”
Ginger Wilcox, COO of the Social Media Marketing Institute and author of Blog by the Bay: “Dustin has been nicknamed ‘the blogfather’. His knowledge about Social Media and Online Marketing is unmatched, his enthusiasm is contagious, and he delivers more than what he promises. Whether you are looking for a speaker or a social media strategist, Dustin is by far one of the best in the business. He is truly tops in the field.”
Daniel Rothamel, popular speaker and founder of the Real Estate Zebra: “Dustin has an enthusiasm for technology and helping people that is evident in everything he does. I recently asked Dustin to give a presentation for Inman Blogger’s Connect NYC ’09, and Dustin wowed the audience with his knowledge of the subject, and his ability to share it with others. No one can argue with the fact that Dustin’s knowledge of technology is vast, but his enthusiasm for sharing and using that knowledge to help others truly makes him stand out. If you ask him, he’ll tell you that he talks to fast when he presents– I happen to think that he is just so eager to share and help and watch people learn that the words can’t come fast enough. I have seen Dusin give presentations and moderate panels for large and small audiences. No matter what his audience, Dustin always finds a way to engage them and make sure that they come away with more knowledge than they came in with, and a way to act on that knowledge. That is truly a valuable skill. Let Dustin inspire you or your group. But be very careful if you do– you are likely to be infected with an unquenchable enthusiasm to act upon the tons of knowledge you are sure to gain. Enthusiasm just makes Dustin talk fast. No telling what it will do to you…”
Gahlord Dewald, President/Janitor of Thoughtfaucet: “Dustin moderated a panel I was on. The topic was website analytics for an audience of real estate brokers, agents and technologists. Dustin handled the questions from the audience well, directing them to the most capable and interesting speakers. He also generated insightful questions of his own and kept the whole thing moving along. He helped to make a somewhat arcane topic engaging and informative.”
Eric Fredericks, Founder of Walkable Neighborhoods: “Dustin and I gave a presentation together on “Public Engagement Through Web 2.0” in San Jose. He absolutely wowed the room full of non-technical urban planners. Dustin is just one of those one-in-a-million types of people that can so easily inspire others. You just know he will go on to do great things. On top of that, he is a super nice guy!”
You’ll be able to see many more recommendations from industry leaders after you connect with me on LinkedIn!