I’m a huge fan of releasing interesting projects and seeing where the community will take things. In terms of experimentation, the Hotlist has been a huge success, and I want to thank the dozens of folks who have signed up… and especially those who have posted microposts and/or comments.
In the past day, we’ve had some great posts and I found out about some great posts that wouldn’t have otherwise crossed my plate. Here’s some highlights:
- BiggerPockets releases a digg-like social network… Because they’ve got a built-in community, I give them more potential than some of the other similar tools that have withered and become spam centrals.
- “Poppy’s got a good point. I would go farther to advise not to use an email from a domain that you may eventually sell. Going through issue myself right now” by Todd Carpenter
- With Curbed launching a listing service and Trulia launching a blogging platform, “Worlds are starting to collide here.
- “New REBarcampHouston post, Spread the Word” by Michael Price
- And how could I forget Kevin Warmath started off with the first message post-official launch with a story about his local golf course: “White Knights need Deep Pockets -> Southeast Capital Partners Rumored to be Riding to Echelon’s Rescue. Just when you thought the buzzards were going to pick the carcass of Echelon clean, this luxury golf course community could have a second life.”
Again, I want to thank everyone who’s started playing with this tool. I’m sure there’s lots more fun to come! 😉
And if you want to receive a weekly email that will include the best of The Hotlist, you can sign up here!
UPDATE: I added some links to note the author of the micropost if if wasn’t written by me. 🙂