…in Realty Quest.
Here are some of the things I wanted to talk about this week, but haven’t had the chance:
- 4RealzEd is coming to Pasadena on May 30! The buzz from the first two events has been wonderful and I’m already seeing people sign up without any real marketing on our part! I love it!
- Move, Inc lost $4.6M in Q1 and not releasing “transformational” product. About the only positive news is that they are “announcing” a beta site that has been live (with a link from the homepage) since December. I feel bad for my previous colleague in marketing who has to spin this stuff.
- Keller Williams gets Zillow fever. Consider the great relationship between Top Producer (owned by Move) and KW, this must have been particularly painful for Errol Samuelson (runs both Top Producer and Realtor.com)
- Trulia teams up with the Silicon Valley Ass of REALTORS. The traditional walls are slowly crumbling.
- Seattle times reporter/blogger wonders covers conference with Move, Zillow and Google and wonders who will create the real estate destination portal of the future…
- Todd announces RE BlogWord… A special real estate track for the popular BlogWorld conference in Vegas. My guess is that there will be a bunch of big names from the world of real estate social media so this should be a lot of fun.
- Had a great, GREAT, meetup yesterday (dubbed: Doctor’s Note Gathering) with real estate and tech folks from the valley. Linda and Ted had nice write ups!
- Getting excited about a panel this year at Inman led by Jeff Turner called: Growing Pains: Take Your Blog to the Next Level (more announcments around RE Connect are sure to come!)
- Krunching.com launched earlier this week. I like everything about the site (from the perspective of a first public launch), except the business model. I think they will either need to be a tech provider (i.e. selling tech to consumers/professionals) OR a brokerage (commissions!), but not both. Otherwise, the site is great and I look forward to seeing more!
- Niki let me know that he launched Homethinking Mortgage earlier this week. I feel bad that I haven’t had more of a chance to check out the site, but ANYTHING Niki does is worth checking out. Some of the things, like the heat maps of average loan amount, are interesting, but I just haven’t taken the time to figure out how they will be useful!
- BeatYouThere launches (yet) another national real estate search site. I kinda feel bad for anyone trying to start up in this space at this point, even if they are well funded. Incremental improvement in the search just aren’t going to be enough at this point.
- And speaking of things that will be forgotten about in a few months… I like Louis a lot and he’s definitely doing a great job reaching out to the online real estate community, but…
- CyberHomes redesigns the site. I can’t help but wonder when will they start seriously marketing to consumers?